Friday, August 24, 2012

Wild Safari--Better Visit Soon, Before It Closes!!

In my opinion, the best thing about Six Flags Great Adventure, and what sets it apart from other amusement parks, is the Wild Safari.  A NJ institution since July 4, 1974, this interactive zoo in the heart of NJ has delighted families for generations.  But that is about to change.  Six Flags made the shocking announcement earlier this week that Wild Safari will be closing to private vehicle traffic FOREVER on September 30th, 2012 (a month earlier than regularly scheduled to close).  More news is expected on August 30th, so stay tuned.

For those of you who--like me & my kids--love this park, you had better get in one or two last visits.  And for those who have always wanted to go but never got around to it--NOW OR NEVER!

And for those who are interested in reading more I recently published an article about this soon-to-be-lost NJ treasure, which I posted below.   Hopefully my family's experiences will inspire you to go one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment